Let's go to Japan
1. The Japanese name for Japan is “Nihon” or “Nippon” which means “sun origin”. This is the Japanese flag:
2 Japan is made up of 6,852 islands. The highest point in Japan in Mount Fuji, which stands at 3,776m (12,388ft).
3. As of July 2012, there are over 127 million people living in Japan.
4. Tokyo is the capital city of Japan and also the largest city. .
5. Japan sits along the “Pacific Ring of Fire”, so has many volcanos and experiences many earthquakes.
6. Almost three quarters of Japan's land is either forest or mountain.
7. Ancient warriors of Japan were known as Samurai. They were very skilled fighters and swordsmen.
8.Japan is an industrialized nation, producing some of the most technologically advanced motor vehicles, electronics machine tools and robotics.
9.Japanese cuisine has become popular an dishes include sushi, sashimi and tempura.
10.Sumo is recognized as the national sport of Japan, although the most popular spectator sport is baseball.
Map and Information Source: http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/sciencefacts/countries/japan.html